Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Fun

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, it was a great weekend to be outside here. After the almost 8 inches of rain we had this last week it was nice to see the sun! I was able to get lots of chores done including some Christmas shopping.
I also decided to try cooking a real pumpkin, this was a long process! I recommend going to the store and buying the canned pumpkin. I had the pumpkin so I thought how hard can this be, that way it wont go to waste. For those of you who do not know how this process works I will give you the highlights:
1) Wash the pumpkin
2) Cut the pumpkin in half and clean out the insides
3) Cut the halves into chunks
4) Fill a roaster with one inch of water, put the pumpkins chunks in and cover with the lid
5) Cook on 500 degrees until tender (alittle over an hour for me)
6) Remove and let the pumpkin cool completely
7) Pull the rhine/peeling off
8) Put the pumpkin in a blender or processor until well mashed
9) Put in freezer bags, put into the freezer for later use or use immediately

A trip to your local grocery is definitely a shorter process!

No comments:

Post a Comment